Frequently Asked Questions
So why are we having a fundraiser?
- Every 2 years Reach for the Stars (this is the non-profit organization that supports the school) holds a fundraiser to help raise money to support both large and small scale projects for Mark Sheridan Academy students. Unfortunately, over the last few years, Chicago Public Schools are constantly getting their budgets cut due to lack of funding from the state. Now, more than ever we continue to fight for a good education for our children and this event is the biggest fundraiser of the year to help aid in our goal.
Who can come?
- Anyone 21 and over: your friends, neighbors, family, in-laws, Bff's, politicians, rock stars, famous people, you name it! As long as they are 21 and over and have a ticket...they can come. Secure your babysitter now if you have children so you can have an adult night out!
What is included with the ticket?
- Your ticket includes a buffet style dinner, open bar, music, dancing and more…..
Can I purchase Raffle Tickets at the event?
- Yes,Raffle Tickets will be available at the event prior to the drawing. Winner need not to be present to win.
Is there an ATM at the event if I want to try get out cash to pay for an auction item or purchase tickets?
- Unfortunately, no. We do have the ability to accept credit cards for a small fee the night of the event. We accept cash, credit cards, and checks made payable to Reach for the Stars, NFP.
I would like to become a sponsor at the event, who do I contact?
- Please contact Jenn Kelly at email@example.com and find out more details of our sponsorship levels.
I would like to donate an item for the silent auction, who do I contact?
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information in how to donate an item.
Is there parking at Local 399?
- There is ample FREE parking at the event. The address is 2260 S. Grove St, Chicago, IL 60616.